« view all posts
Ok, so here we go with AL synopsis...
4. Seattle Mariners- Despite unloading a quality starter to the Yankees, the Mariners will be improved, but the real issue is, so will everyone else in the division. It's ok Seattle, one day things might get better. Just not happening this season.
3. Oakland Athletics- The A's will be better and if they do somehow get a couple of the guys we are hearing about, it could be Katie bar the door. I do belive however as it stands teh A's will be in the thick of teh wild card race come september, but without an influx of fresh faces, it will not be enough to get over the hump.
2. Anahiem Angles- The Angels add Pujols and CJ Wilson to a team that was already very talented. The hardest problem for the Angels may be getting rid of all the vets who aren't getting PT before the disgrunteled divide the clubhouse. That being said, I think they will be very much in the wild card chase.
1. Texas Rangers- The Rangers posess one of the best lineups in all of baseball, in fact they are one of the top 2 imho. True they lost a quality starter, but if Yu Darvish is half of what we have heard he is, the Rangers will be more than fine.
The Skinny- The West will shape up much how it is expected, but I feel the Rangers are best top to bottom, but look out for the A's here is they add a few of thr bargain bin free agents that are out there.
5. Chicago White Sox- The White Sox really want to rebuild, but just haven't sent out the Memo yet. Konerko and Dunn are still good, and will eb great trade bate later in the year. The Sox lost their most consistent starter and have little bullpen depth. Also, imho Ozzie Guillen will be missed. This team reminds me of the 2011 Cubs.
4.Minnesota Twins- The Twins are one mor eyear away from contending and will need to take a step back to move forward next season. Cuddyer was still good and will be missed. They also let Jim Thome leave, who while being aged, was still very much a solid bat to have when needed.
3. Kansas City Royals- KC continues to improve, and might be knockign on the door of playoff contention come september. Like many other developing small market clubs, it will be intresting to see if they are willing to deal to get in or not.
2.Cleveland Indians- Cleveland added Casey Kotchman to this lineup and made themselves a serious wild card contender. The top 3 in the Indians rotation is more than capable, and a decent bull pen. The tribe will stay in this until the end.
1.Detriot Tigers- The Tigers may very well be the best team in baseball top to bottom. One of the top 5 lineups offensively and a great top 4 in their rotation that bolsters Justin Verlander. The most overlooked feature of this team is their extremely deep bull pen, which will help them in the post season.
The Skinny- The Central features two teams on the way down, two on the way up and another many feel will take the whole thing in october. Detriot runs away with this one, but the Royals and Indians will have a lot to say about who may be the wild card in the AL.
5. Toronto Blue Jays- Many pundits feel the Jays are playoff caliber...I don't. They may have the best power hitter in the division, but that is where their advantages stop. Encarnacion is good player, but if he is your DH, you have a power shortage in the East. The pitchign staff doesn;t make me feel all that warm either.
4. Baltimore Orioles- The Orioles have some great young offensive stars, but when you have Wilson Betemit as your DH in this division you are in trouble. If they can get Manny Ramirez and their young pitching comes together I could be way off...I just don't think I will be.
3.New York Yankees- The Yankees will look great in April, May and June...then the deficeincy in the pitching staff and thier age will start to show. The Yankees are great, but the whole division is good, and the grind will take its toll. Time to reload a bit in New York.
2.Tampa Bay Rays- The Rays will be able to pitch themselves into contention, and the young stars are ready to produce offensively. The pitching and youth are the difference over the Yankees.
1. Boston Red Sox- Remember last year when everyone loved Boston and said they could be one of the best teams ever in the preseason? I do, and if it weren't for pitching injuries, the Red Sox most likely do not collapse. Crawford won't be missed as much early as many think and Sweeney is a capable back up. The one big question is whether Bailey will nail down the closer role...I think he will.
The skinny- The East will be great as usual, but the wealth is starting to spread over the rest of the league. There will be two wild cards, but it will be tough to get more than one in with the fact the cellar dwellers will be good enough to ruin a weekend or two. If you don't believe me ask the Red Sox fans.
My AL playoff teams- Once again with the extra wild card this becomes tougher, but here we go....
Wild Cards- Tampa Bay Rays and Anaheim Angels
West- Texas Rangers
Central- Detroit Tigers
East- Boston Red Sox
I feel the Rays will knock off the Angels in the Wild Card Round. Pitching beats offense. They will then move on to rematch the Texas Rangers in the next round. The Rangers will get past the Rays again in 5 games. The Tigers will roll into the postseason as the number 1 seed in the East and will host the Sox, who will beat them in 4 games. This will mean the Boston Red Sox will host the Texas Rangers in Fenway for game one. This will be an epic series and will go the full seven games to Fenway where the Red Sox will prevent the Rangers from making their third straight World Series.
My World Series prediction- I feel this year the AL will win the Allstar game, so Boston will have home field. The Series will go a full seven games very similar to last year in feel and excitement. This time however the Red Sox will knock off the Cardinals in seven and be World Champions for the third time in a decade.
So there you have it, as it is now, I pick the Red Sox to beat the Cardinals in 7 games. It will be intresting to see if I still have this opinion after spring training.
First two weeks in the books!The first two weeks have gone very well. We crissed crossed Texas, hit up Shreveport, LA and Little Rock, AR for the first time. As I type this we are preparing to move further along the road and into the year with dates in Memphis, St. Louis and Evansville. We are adding new dates all the time with the diligent work of Steve the Drummer, so make sure to check those out and let us know if there is anywhere we missed. Also, make sure to come over and check out all the new content we will be adding on the site, and also follow us on Twitter, because we give our followers many opportunities at content in real time and up to the minute. Sometimes even shots at free stuff, and we all know that is the best kind of stuff.
Well for now Blessings and peace to you all, Keith
2010 LINES TOURI am very excited about getting dates on the books for our next tour. We are playing Billy Block's show in Nashville on December 29th to finish out what has proven to be an outstanding 2009. January will then have us intensely rehearsing, and then its off to TEXAS for the start of 2010. Texas, what an incredible place to play! They love their music and we aim to play them some!! After Texas we have dates coming in across the mid west from Missouri to Indiana. Nothing gets me more pumped than knowing I will get to meet new and old fans and play, play, play!!!! Stay tuned as this is only the beginning as my "mighty" team and I are hard at work booking the rest of the year.
Let me know if there are any venues near you we need to contact. We'll get right on it .
Also, please make sure to check out the preview of the new EP on the Ear Candy link. See you at the show!!
Well everybody, its November and the holidays are just around the corner and I have lots to tell you about. I have new music for you to check out up on the juke box and brave new touring idea. I will be unveiling both very shortly and hope you guys will be hip to it. Congrats to Casey on winning the "cover song " contest, I will be posting the new video within the week.
P.S. Roll Tide and Happy Turkey Day!
Hey there. Hope you got my newsletter. If not, get on over and sign up for the email list. A new street team contest will be starting soon with some cool gifts like an IPod and other prizes. I need you on this journey so sign up for the street team on reverbnation.com/keithmoodymusic. when we make it, there will be one BIG party happening.
It was an exciting week in the studio, got a few more songs coming your way soon. Also added a few more dates with more in the works. I will making my first appearance in the Birmingham area on Friday, a shout out to Kayse, see ya on Friday! Hang on this train is moving on along!!
P.S. A big shout out to Kellie for risking life and limb to call in to Star Xcel. Thanks so much I will remember it.
What's up everyone! Just letting you know this week I will be headed back to Auburn for the first time this month! Hope to see you out. I will be at Fat Daddy's on Wire Rd. show starts about 10:00pm. Also make sure you call in to your local radio stations and request Keith Moody! We now have had four more station adds in Alabama!